ECF Tools: Hearing Cancellation Module
The ECF Tools Hearing Cancellation Module should be used to docket hearing cancellations for all hearings scheduled before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (LBR 9013-1(P)).
Before utilizing the Module, review the following information and these Instructions (ver. 07-2023) carefully.
A video demonstration of the ECF-Tools Hearing Cancellation Module can be reviewed here.
(*Please note: For proper functionality, users should utilize Microsoft Edge; Google Chrome; Safari; or Firefox.*)
Hearings that cannot be canceled include:
- Allow Late Proof of Claim
- Vacate Dismissal
- Motions to Extend the Time to
- File lists, schedules, and statements
- File complaint
- Object to discharge
- Extend or Impose Automatic Stay
- Notice to Show Cause (except those generated by trustee's certification pursuant to LBR 4002-1)
- Order to Show Cause
- Reaffirmation Agreements
- Application for Compensation
- Approve Waiver
- Dismiss (except those filed in Chapter 13 cases and filed pursuant to Section 707 by the United States Trustee)
- Withdraw as Counsel
- Hardship Discharge
- Redeem Property
- Due Process Deficiency Hearings
- Order Setting Hearing Re: Certification of U.S. Trustee Pursuant to Local Rule 2003-1(B)
- Motion to Sell Free and Clear of Liens under Section 363
For a complete list, please consult the Settings menu in the Hearing Cancellation Module
If Problems Are Encountered:
If any issues arise while using the Hearing Cancellation Module to submit hearing cancellations, please contact the assigned Judge’s Courtroom Deputy so that arrangements can be made to submit the hearing cancellations by an alternate method. Please also send an email describing the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org to alert the Court’s IT staff.
Suggestions for improvements or changes may be sent to HRGCancellationSuggestion@vaeb.uscourts.gov. Hearing cancellations SHOULD NOT be emailed to this address.